Backup, backup, backup…
How many of you reading this have absolutely no backups of their precious work, photographs or music…
…nevermind just having a local copy on an external drive?
I have always been paranoid about losing files and currently have:
- TimeMachine backup running
- Weekly clone backup of the MacBook
- Copy of Documents folder in iCloud
- All work, music, photo libraries etc all on a network attached Drobo drive
- and finally an offsite backup with Backblaze!
Even if you have one or preferably two external backups I would heartily recommend investing $60 a year in an offsite cloud backup with Backblaze.
I tried it out a year ago and was really impressed how unnoticeable it is once initial upload has completed. I have it set to constantly run and I keep checking menubar icon to see if I can catch it in action but so far without success, it just does its thing in the background without any slowdown on the Mac or the network as far as I can see.
Have a look at what they offer here, its the sort of thing I would hate to regret if a disaster happened.
You can thank me later with a beer!